I hope you had an awesome holiday and brought in the new year on a high note. I’m back here with some of the goals I hope to accomplish during the year. Since we’re five days into 2014, I’ll share a bit about how things have been going so far.
1. Stop falling for Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson’s and Michael B. Jordan’s thirst traps.
This is actually going pretty well. Don’t know how long it’ll last though. We’ll see.
2. Set a daily word count. (500 words)
I’ve been struggling to meet my word count goal. I got an idea for a new story that ended up snowballing into a BIG IDEA that requires research and planning. While I haven’t been writing, I’ve been actively planning this novel the last couple of days. I really like this idea and am excited about working on it.
3. Meet the daily word count.
4. Write for at least 30 minutes every day.
Taking notes for my new project counts, right?
5. Complete at least three manuscripts.
This is a year-end goal. Let’s see how this goes.
6. Learn how to make edible vegetarian meals (smothered tofu, son).
I made vegetarian spaghetti yesterday and it was pretty good.
7. Learn how to write a screenplay.
My screenplay ideas are on the back-burner. I’m caught up in BIG IDEA.
8. Write a screenplay
9. Update your writing blog weekly.
I have a couple of posts lined up. I might be able to do this.
So those are my goals for the year. Let’s see how well I do.